Some Recent Ph.D. Graduates (Year of Graduation):
- Trey Malone (2017), Assistant Professor, Michigan State University
- Clint Neill (2017), Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech
- Eunchun Park (2017), Assistant Professor, Mississippi State University
- Josh Maples (2016), Assistant Professor, Mississippi State University
- Nathan Thompson (2015), Assistant Professor, Purdue University
- Cortney Cowley (2015) – Economist at Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City – Omaha Branch, Omaha NE
- Choolwe Haankuku (2015) – Risk Management Analyst, Huntington Bank, Columbus, OH
- Amanda Weaver (2014) - Resource Planning Analyst, Golden Spread Electric Cooperative Inc., Amarillo, TX
- Brandon McFadden (2014), Assistant Professor, University of Florida
- Yoonsuk Lee (2013), Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Kangwon National University
- John Mann (2012), Assistant Professor Michigan State University
- Frederic Ouedraogo (2012),Assistant Director of Economics at AVMA (American Veterinary Medical Association),
- Brenna Ellison (2012), Assistant Professor, University of Illinois
- Andrew Griffith (2012), Extension Livestock Economist, University of Tennessee
- Mallory Vestal (2012), Assistant Professor, West Texas A&M University
- Brian Williams (2012), Assistant Extension Professor, Mississippi State University
- Jongsan Choi (2011), Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Chonbuk National University
- Inbae Ji (2011), Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural Economics, Dongguk University
- Chris Boyer (2011), Assistant Professor, University of Tennessee
- Emmanuel Tumusiime (2011), Researcher, Economic Justice at OxFam America
- Kate Brooks (2010), Extension Livestock Economist, University of Nebraska
- Seongcheol Park (2009), Assistant Professor/Agricultural & Resource Economist, Texas A&M AgriLife Research Center
- David Roberts (2009), Assistant Professor, North Dakota State University
- Taeyoon Kim (2009), Assistant Professor, Seoul National University
- Jaebong Chang (2009), Assistant professor, Youngnam University, Korea
- Ross Pruitt (2008), Assistant Professor, Livestock Extension, Louisiana State University
- Hyunseok Kim (2008), Assistant Professor, Kyungbuk National University, Korea
- Zhihao Zheng (2008), Professor, China Agricultural University
"I am extremely grateful for the opportunity to earn a Ph.D. from the Department of Agricultural Economics at Oklahoma State University. My time in the department has made a lasting impact on my career path and my personal development. The training I received under outstanding researchers and teachers equipped me with the necessary skills for a career in academia.
The relationship across faculty, extension personnel, staff, and students in the department reflected a family environment with the department. I am proud to call myself a poke!"
Dr. Christopher Boyer
Assistant Professor, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, University of Tennessee
Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, 2011
The Ph.D. program at Oklahoma State University has a long tradition of successful graduates. For example, Per Pinstrup Andersen (1969) is professor emeritus of Cornell University and past AAEA president. James Richardson (1978) is regents professor and Texas AgriLife research senior faculty fellow at Texas A&M University. C.S. (Bill) Herndon (1984) is assistant vice president, Mississippi State University. Other past graduates are faculty members at University of Illinois,
University of Missouri, Mississippi State University, Louisiana State University, Purdue University, University of Tennessee as well as other universities.
Past Ph.D. students have been successful in private industry as well. For example, Mark Teague (1995) is chief risk officer of Barri Financial Group, Vladimir Lukin (2000) is a lead scientist at American Express, and Lonnie Hamm (2003) is principal and head of systematic trading for Range Capital in London. Other past students have taken prominent roles in public institutions such as Ambassador Richard T. "Dick" Crowder (1967) who served as chief agricultural negotiator in the Office of the United States Trade Representative and as undersecretary of agriculture for International Affairs
and Commodity Programs and Terri Raney (1986) is with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations in Rome.
Successful graduates are scattered throughout the world. For example, four former students have positions at the Korean Rural Economic Institute. Emilio Tostão (2006) is dean of the Faculty of Agronomy and Forestry Engineering of the University Eduardo Mondlane in Maputo, Mozambique. Other former
students are faculty members at universities in Zambia, Jordan, Turkey, China, Indonesia, Australia, and many other countries.
Recent Positions Taken by Master’s Graduates:
- Grain Merchandiser, CGB Enterprises, Inc.
- Economist at Kansas Farm Management Association, Northeast Region
- Noble Foundation
- Associate Business Development Manager, Simmons Foods, Arkansas
- Associate Bank Examiner at Farm Credit Administration
- Business Analyst Bethlehem Shared Services, Pennsylvania
- Extension Agricultural Economist, Kansas Farm Management Association, SE, Chanute, KS
- Professional Services Consultant, Cerner Corp, Kansas City
- Managing Director- Financial Analyst Manager, Rabo AgriFinance
- Grain Merchandiser CGB Enterprises, Inc., St. Louis, MO
- Relationship Analyst at Rabo AgriFinance
- Northwest Area Agricultural Economics Specialist at OSU
- Partner at FSW&B CPA’s-PLLC
- Farm Management Economist, Kansas State University
- Cattle Procurement, JBS
- Turf and Ornamental Sales Representative, Dow AgroSciences
- Accountant/Analyst, Koch Industries, Inc.
- Credit Officer, CoBank
- 4-H Youth Development Extension Educator, Purdue University
- Relationship Manager, Rabo AgriFinance
- Founder and Executive Director, Center for Entrepreneurship and Leadership in Haiti
- Commodity Buyer, Kalsec
- Economist, Cargill
- Marketing, Specialist, ADM Alliance Nutrition, Inc.
"One thing that sets the Oklahoma State Agricultural Economics department apart from other institutions is the distinguished faculty.
The faculty are well-known within both academics and private industry, and it was a privilege to have studied under these professors."
Name: Kristen Kovalsky
Company: Publix Super Markets
Position: Senior Purchasing Analyst
M.S. Agricultural Economics, 2012