Department of Agricultural Economics
The Department of Agricultural Economics has a long tradition of being one of the more relevant and applied departments in the country. Our focus is on solving problems. Students completing degrees have excelled throughout the world in teaching, research, Extension, government service, and business. The department has an environment conducive to considerable interaction among students and where students interact regularly with faculty.
Oklahoma State University is located in a small city with a small town personality. The campus is considered by many to be one of the most attractive in the country, pleasingly landscaped with a consistent Georgian architecture throughout both newer and older buildings. Stillwater is near many lakes and golf courses, with numerous recreational opportunities. The community is friendly, has much affordable housing, and is located only an hour away from two major metropolitan areas, each with an international airport.
Admission and Funding
The application requirements for the Department of Agricultural Economics are as follows:
1. Complete the online application (http://gradcollege.okstate.edu/collegenet)
2. Provide original transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
3. Provide three recommendation writer names and email addresses in the application. Recommendation writers may upload the recommendation into the application. Recommendations should be completed by individuals familiar with your academic performance.
4. (Optional) To apply for an assistantship, complete the assistantship information in the application. For best consideration for assistantships, applications should be submitted by January 5 for Fall admission and July 1 for Spring admission.
5. Provide a Statement of Purpose and Resume.
6. Provide GRE scores. Institute code 6546, Department code 0101.
7. (International Students only) Provide TOEFL/IELTS scores. Institute code 6546, Dept. code 99.
Please submit all the required documents by uploading the documents into the application.
Agricultural Economics Department
Scholarships and Fellowships for Continuing Students
Scholarships/fellowships are only available for current students. They include: